In the operation of a baghouse dust collector the thin coating, or dustcake, which develops on the surface of filter bags actually does much of the filtration, not just the filter media itself. When starting-up a new dust collection system or a baghouse with new bags it takes a period of time for a coating or dustcake to build up on the filter media. Therefore, fine particulate can bleed through the filter media before this dustcake can be developed.
Benefits of IAC Pre-Coat
- Safe – a chemically inert white powder with neutral pH
- Easy to use
- Improves dust collection air flow and filtration efficiency
- Helps reduce energy usage
- Maximum filtration efficiency is achieved immediately when starting up a dust collector with new filter bags
- Helps prevent blinding of filter media caused by moisture, oils, tacky materials, or hydrocarbon carryover in the air stream
- Inhibits sparks in the air stream, protecting the filter bags
- One pound provides a 1/16 inch thick layer of coating on more than 20 sq. ft. of filter media
- Packaged in easy to handle 30 lb. bags
- In stock – always ready for immediate shipping
IAC Pre-Coat’s specially designed particle size shape and light density offer a vast improvement over other materials such as limestone or fly ash that have been used as precoats in the past. One pound of IAC Pre-Coat will cover more than 20 sq. ft. of filter media with a 1/16 inch thick layer compared to limestone or fly ash which only cover about 5 sq. ft. per pound.
IAC Pre-Coat, when injected into the incoming air stream of your baghouse dust collector, pre-conditions the filter media. This chemically inert, light density, dry powder establishes a porous, three-dimensional coating, or dustcake, uniformly on the surface of the filter media. This provides maximum filtration efficiency at start-up, as well as improved airflow throughout the life of the filter bags. It not only provides protection from particulate bleed through, it also protects against moisture, oils, tacky materials, and hydrocarbon carryover.