For over twenty years, IAC has provided equipment and expertise for control of particulate emissions (baghouses and electrostatic precipitators) and bulk storage and handling products and services to the power & incineration, wood, composites, ethanol, chemical, food & brewing, grain & agricultural, mineral products & cement, and steel and foundry industries. Many of our customers in these industries have called on us to provide them with energy recovery and alternative fuels preparation assistance.
The measure of a well designed wood pellet plant`s level of success is producing a number one (1) grade wood pellet at the lowest cost and highest quality possible. The operation of the wood dryer plays a major role in the plants “success”.
IAC’s Business is Dryer Designs and Supply:
- Custom designs, not a “one fits all” philosophy
- Superior drying efficiency compared to BTU fuel input
- Inlet heat control to required temperature to gain efficient product residence time through dryer system
- Reduced “VOC” emissions due to dryer layout, recirculation technology, reduction of wet wood time in hot zones, number of dryer passes, automated control and feed back loops, customized software
- Assistance in dryer air permitting
- Latest, state-of-the-art APC equipment from IAC’s OEM product lines
Drying of the biomass feedstock is a key part of these processes and facilities. IAC can custom design a drying system for you incorporating our superior dryer designs, heat recovery, FGR, and emission controls to maximize your process performance, lower your capital and operating costs, and meet your emission requirements. We can incorporate wet or dry biomass combustion or gasification heat sources to provide heat to these dryer systems. The ability to utilize biomass residues, refuse derived fuels, biogas and waste heat affords you flexibility in selecting and utilizing the most cost effective fuel sources.
IAC can provide air permitting assistance and solutions, computational fluid dynamics (CFD) modeling, engineering design, installation, structural steel supply, material processing & drying equipment, emission control equipment, and systems programming for biomass combustion, biomass drying systems and densification processes, or co-firing of biomass through combustion or gasification technologies for combined heat and power (CHP) facilities or utility power.